Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from our donors. If your question is not on this list, please contact us at email@example.com.
Yes, you can get a tax receipt for your donation. For online donations, you will get a tax receipt in your email shortly after you make the donation. For cheques, direct deposits, or cash donations, please allow us 30-45 days to issue your receipt. For faster processing, please include your email address so we can send an e-receipt instead of a printed one.
Note that you need to be the true donor in order to be eligible to receive a tax receipt. If you are donating the proceeds from a fundraiser, sale, or a group, please use this online donation form or donate via cheque instead. You may request for tax receipts if you have the names and e-mails of the individuals who donated to your fundraising event. Please refer to question 10 for more details.
If you did not receive your tax receipt, have trouble locating it, or want to make a correction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your donation helps support people in crisis by funding our free services which include: 24 hour crisis support by phone, chat and text; ConnecTeen peer support; professional counselling; and our 211 information referral service. Learn more about us here.
You can also learn more by viewing our annual reports and financial statements.
We accept credit/debit cards via our online donation form. For cheques, please make payable to Distress Centre Calgary and mail to Distress Centre Calgary Suite 500, 999 8th Street SW Calgary, AB T2R 1J5.
We also accept gifts of securities/mutual funds. Read more about it in question 8.
For more ways to give, please visit our Ways to Donate page.
Yes, the donation platforms we use operate on a secure server and complies with Visa/MasterCard regulations for real-time credit card processing. Unless you’re participating in our monthly giving program, your credit card information will not be kept on file. Your other personal information is entered into a security-protected donor management system that only authorized users may access.
Thank you for choosing to support Distress Centre Calgary on a monthly basis. Your monthly donation is critical for growing our agency and ensuring we can continue to meet the increased demand for our crisis services. You can set up your ongoing pledge by choosing monthly gift in this donation form.
Yes, you can change your pledge details such as amount, card details, end date, etc. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com.
Yes! You can donate securities/mutual funds via CanadaHelps by completing this form. After you make the donation, you will receive a confirmation email containing your pledge confirmation details.
It typically takes 1 to 2 working days for the transfer to be deposited in CanadaHelp’s account. Once transferred, they will promptly sell the shares. Once the proceeds of sale are in their account, CanadaHelps will send you a detailed confirmation email with your charitable tax receipt. They will then disburse the proceeds from the sale, less their non-commercial rate, to Distress Centre Calgary. This process is typically completed in one week.
Yes, we accept gifts-in-kind. Below are suggestions that would be appreciated, but not limited to:
- Gift cards – grocery, restaurants, retail, etc.
- Coupons or vouchers – spas, discounted services or products, etc.
- Event tickets – theatre, ballet, opera, concerts, etc.
- Items for our Lend An Ear event silent auction
- Raffle Items
If you would like to discuss more details about your in-kind donation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for fundraising on our behalf! Yes, you can get individual receipts for the event donors. Below are the steps on how to do so, based on the status of your event.
- If your fundraiser is ongoing or is completed, issue a cheque (refer to question 3) or use this group donation form to donate the lump sum and email us at email@example.com with the event details and donor information (name, amount, email address, address, and phone). If possible, kindly send the list in an excel format. It will help speed up the issuance of your tax receipts!
- If your fundraiser has not yet started, you can create an online fundraiser via CanadaHelps and individuals who donate there will automatically get a tax receipt after their gift is processed.
Thank you for your commitment to helping people in crisis! There are so many ways to support Distress Centre Calgary, such as:
- Donate: bottles via SkiptheDepot, social media posts via GoPoolit, your car via Donate-a-Car
- Donate your unused Aeroplan points
- Have a birthday or special event coming up? Celebrate with us by creating a fundraiser on Facebook or CanadaHelps
For more details, visit our Ways to Donate page!