Robyn Romano announced as Chief Executive Officer for Distress Centre
Distress Centre Calgary’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce the appointment of Robyn Romano as Chief Executive Officer. Over the past 12 years, Robyn has served in a number of roles at Distress Centre Calgary (DCC). From her start as a practicum student, through to her coverage as Interim Executive Director over the past few months, Robyn’s leadership has been instrumental to the growth of Distress Centre Calgary.
Some of these highlights include:
- Implementing an intensive summer volunteer experience program
- Advancing the field of information and referral with 211 becoming available to all Albertans
- Growth in technology infrastructure through our ongoing digital transformation
- Successfully executing an office move
- Launching 24/7 online crisis services
- Leading DCC’s COVID response initiatives
Robyn is a Registered Social Worker holding Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in social work from the University of Calgary, with a specialization in leadership in Human Services.
We are excited to have Robyn lead Distress Centre forward as we forge our next chapter of growth and strategic partnerships that will ensure we deliver ever more impactful services to our service users.