Make a career out of making a difference.
“I’m helping change lives. How great is that?” – Contact Centre Staff
As Calgary’s only 24 hour crisis agency we are often the first point of contact for those seeking help. We are uniquely positioned to provide crisis intervention support via phone, chat and email; professional counselling; 24/7 information and referrals through 211; flexible financial assistance; peer support for youth via phone, email, chat and text; and, advocacy for clients in crisis. We do not judge. We do not define crisis so anyone can call us day or night and all of our services are free.
- 2 Positions – Crisis Counsellor
- Contact Centre Coordinator/211 Community Resource Specialist
- Diversion Housing Strategist – SORCe
- ID Specialist – SORCe
- Online Services Training and Evaluation Coordinator
- Community Capacity Builder
- Midnight Crisis Line Worker
- Crisis Line Worker/Canadian Suicide Prevention Service Line Worker
- Contact Centre Assistant
Distress Centre loves to provide opportunities for work advancement to our staff and volunteers. The majority of our staff started as a volunteer on the lines and approximately 70% of our current staff are former volunteers or practicum students. Our goal is to fill the majority of our positions internally. If you are interested in a career at Distress Centre, the best way to get started is by applying to be a volunteer.
To check out our volunteer opportunities, application forms and training schedules, please see our volunteer opportunities section.