Call 211 and you will have access to an entire network of community, social, health and government services. Your call will be answered by a professional information and referral specialist who is trained to assess your need and refer you to the most appropriate service or services. We offer this service in over 170 languages and it is available in many communities in Alberta, including Calgary. 211 is on its way to becoming a full provincial service.
211 is free, confidential, multilingual and available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Don’t like talking on the phone? Online chat is available from 12-8pm daily at ab.211.ca.
Why would I contact 211?
- I need food, shelter and/or transportation
- I need financial support to help pay my utility bill, rent and/or damage deposit
- I need to find mental health and addictions support
- I need information on Government programs and phone numbers
- I don’t know where to go for Legal support
- I want to volunteer for an organization
- I want to make a donation of furniture and/or clothing
- I am concerned about a friend or family member
- I am looking for services for a client
- We have access to thousands of other services
Prefer to search for services yourself? Visit ab.211.ca for a comprehensive list of services.