Distress Centre Calgary
Distress Centre Calgary (DCC) provides 24 hour crisis support, professional counselling, youth peer support and navigation and referrals through 211 and our programs at SORCe – all at no cost. For over 50 years, Distress Centre has served Calgary and Southern Alberta, ensuring everyone has a place to turn in times of crisis.
Mission: Provide compassionate, accessible crisis and navigation support that enhances the health, well-being and resiliency of individuals in distress.
Vision: Everyone is heard.
Values: Belonging, Service to Others, Excellence, Volunteerism, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Leadership
About Distress Centre
Watch this video to learn more about our programs and services.
Board of Directors
Distress Centre Calgary is governed by an exemplary group of volunteers who make up the Board of Directors. They bring exceptional skills, vision and experience from a variety backgrounds to lead strategic direction, governance and fiduciary accountability. The Board is committed to ensuring Distress Centre remains an accessible, innovative and compassionate agency that delivers excellent service to our clients and continues to meet the emerging needs of our community.
Board of Directors 2023-2024
- Chantal Milloy, Chair – Levvel Inc.
- Amanda Kousinioris, Vice Chair – Independent Contractor for the Alberta Securities Commission
- Kiersten Mohr, Vice Chair –Terra Firma Transition Consulting
- Lori Berg, Treasurer – ATB Financial
- Alli Marshall – Strix Insights
- Aminda Galappaththi – Calgary Housing Company
- Dilan Yogasundaram – Accenture
- Kara Patterson – Alberta Health Services
- Kevin Drinkwater – JFive
- Rachael Golembuski – Long View Systems
- Sarah Wilson Cook – MEG Energy
- Serge Leckie – Volker Stevin Canada
- Stacey Meyer – Precede Occupational Health Services
- Tonino Rizzuti – ENMAX